Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Rivermark Overview


For spring break my family and traveled to San Francisco to check out the sites, relax, and generally have a good time. One day we stumbled upon the new urbanism community of Rivermark. I had heard and read about this community before, but had forgotten about it. I am very glad we ran accross this community, as I found it to be one of the best examples of new urbanism planning I have ever seen. The got the commercial right, the residential was right, and the landscaping was awesome. What is even more impressive, this community was planned and built by a consortium of national builders: Centex Homes, Shea Homes, and Lennar Homes.

To fully talk about this community I will break it down into several different blogs:
Part I, overall community impact and first impression.
Part II, The residential
Part III, The commercial

No comments: