Saturday, February 02, 2008

Computer Woes Part 2

You would not believe it, but on Thursday, my back up laptop went down for the count. At first I thought it was the power cord as I have had issues in the past. But it turns out it was the internal power system. I am seeing if that is fixable, or even worth fixing.

So I went and bought a new hard drive for my main laptop, got it all setup again, only to find that I was having the exact same problem with the same program as I had before. Arrgghhh. I did some online research, and discovered that it was a software problem, and there was a fix available. So I was able to get it fixed, and moved on with life. Now the question is, why did it quit working in the first place? I had been using the same settings and hardware configurations for some time. Why would it work one night, and not the next morning?

Technology...you love it and hate it at the same time. On the bright side, during all the rebuild I discovered that my laptop has bluetooth capability. Now if only I can get my Blackberry connected by bluetooth, life will be good.

No comments: