Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Water Conservation

Well we did it! As we discussed in some of my June posts, we have been working hard this year to conserve water, both indoors, and more importantly in the yard. On our final water bill for the year, we came in 21,000 gallons below our allotment, or almost 9% below. While this is good, what is even more remarkable is that last year we were almost 40,000 gallons over our allotment, so in total we have cut our water usage by almost 22% Not bad if I say so myself!

We have also been cutting down on our electric useage, mostly on air conditioning. We only largely ran it for one month this summer, rather than the four months that we normally run it. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but our electric bills have certainly been lower. Now to create some goals for next year!

No comments: