Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring Break 2007 Part 7


Friday started out pretty warm, but again I didn’t get started until about 9. Mom, Lalie and the kids decided to go shopping for Hannah’s birthday, which left me to my own devices for awhile. Today was strictly assembly day. The next fence section had to have rails cut to length for it, but I decided to skip that one for now, as it provided convenient access. So I worked on a few other sections. Finally, it came to the point where I had to re-dig a post hole, moving it a couple of feet. I also worked on removing one of the existing posts. After that was done, I had no choice, but to start cutting rails I worked on that for a bit, then headed off to Lowe’s, partly for a break, and partly to get more bags of concrete. I got back around 2, and finished cutting the rails that I had to cut. After that, assembly went pretty quick. I wrapped up the garden area about 4. Since we still had supplies and posts, I worked on a few sections along the driveway, leaving out the sections right around the gates. We are going to have one of the fence companies build and install the gates for us. I wrapped this up about 6:30, and was very tired and sore. I also had to get ready for company coming over for an early birthday party for Hannah.

Saturday was scheduled for some mopping up, attaching the wire to the fence, and then heading home. All in all, it was a fun trip, with a lot of hard work. My muscles are sore!

No comments: